I love this post about finding 100 things to like about one’s self. Chelsea wrote this in the Bipolar Mental Health Blog. If you find yourself being critical give it a try. I wanted to inspire others with some ideas incase they were having trouble thinking of anything. Are some of these traits you are glad you have as well?
1. Help when possible.
2. Can read.
3. Can write.
4. Enjoy going for a run.
5. Can make someone laugh.
6. Work a job.
7. Keep bills paid.
8. Keep a car maintained.
9. Clean the house.
10. Don’t let other’s opinion define my self.
11. Strive to act with integrity.
12. Happy when others succeed.
13. Seek to comfort.
14. Not judgmental, unless slighted.
15. Still and observant.
16. Can speak in front of crowds.
17. Like to challenge myself.
18. Can cook.
17. Basic knowledge of local plants and their status of edibility and how to prepare.
18. Like to do math.
19. Can plant perennial flowers like irises, mint, oregano, yucca, daylillies, and hostas and they survive.
20. People have paid me money to plant flowers, remove unwanted plants, and spread mulch.
21. Can drive.
22. Feel appreciated by my partner.
23. Appreciate the help of my partner.
24. Cares for pets by providing food and fresh water every day.
25. Can accept my mistakes, avoid them in the future, and warn others so they might prevent the same fate from happening again.
26. In control of my choices.
27. Can organize my priorities and get things done
28. Can identify problems coming up over the horizon and plan accordingly with what resources available.
29. Like to learn new words from other languages.
30. Like to learn about other cultures.
31. Not attached to material things.
32. Take steps to share things I no longer need.
33. Know when and why anger/fear happens, and how to let it go so it doesn’t get in the way of problem solving.
34. Better at saying no without getting stuck in an unwinnable argument.
35. Have stopped over explaining so much.
36. Considerate of others as much as possible for what I am focusing on.
37. Take care of myself.
38. Make healthy choices.
39. Can hear and listen.
40. Worthy to feel dignity.
41. Can accept myself, and be at peace.
42. Don’t have to prove anything outlandish to anyone.
43. Don’t compare myself to anyone.
44. Can enjoy the profound things that people learn.
45. Can do 4 pull ups (not to be confused with dooing in 4 pull-ups, I’ll do that much later).
46. Can do dips.
47. Can do lots of push ups.
48. No longer feel the need to wear push ups.
49. Enjoys the moment
50. Enjoy hating music that cannot be escaped from.
51. Can appreciate new and old music.
52. Have reduced my fossil fuel use, trying to stick to just necessity.
53. Stays out of arguing about politics.
54. Stays motivated, for the most part.
55. Can find things to be interested in.
56. Doesn’t sleep in as horribly as I used to.
57. Seek to improve myself, never giving up on myself.
58. Have hope that I can get better at organizing my time.
59. People pay me to clean.
60. People are impressed with how I keep items stocked during a breakfast buffet.
61. Can type fairly quickly and accurately.
62. Have learned to write better by coaching my son in school.
63. Seeing old aquaintances is a happy discovery for me.
64. Celebrate even small achievements.
65. Can remember my dreams.
66. Still believe in magic.
67. Still read to my son.
68. Love to roller skate and ice skate.
69. Learning to ask more questions to understand things better and help people feel included.
70. I am mindful to keep healthy eye habits such as going for walks without glasses, nutrition, and proper eye rest.
71. I don’t keep stereotypes or opinions outside of context. I keep the benefit of the doubt until I get proof.
72. Pretty good at keeping a budget.
73. Pretty good with logic.
74. Not addicted to video games.
75. Can tolerate some cold.
76. Don’t limit myself.
77. More open to feedback or contructive criticism.
78. Keep a growth mindset.
79. Seek to create unique content while enjoying a conversation with others.
80. Understand how to use AdSense.
81. Could do better with AdSense
82. Have empathy.
83. Am patient.
84. Know how to ask for help in a way others feel needed.
85. Was able to create heat in a thermophilic compost pile.
86. Know the proper technique for kicks, punches, and blocks.
87. Know yoga
88. Understand scales, chords, and music notation.
89. Can keep rhythm on a djembe.
90. Won’t criticize anyone for saying djembe wrong (did that once, it sucked)
91. Always forgive, but don’t always trust.
92. Learned to state expectations.
93. Have worked to understand people better.
94. Give hugs everyday
95. Believe everyone matters.
96. Seek to know thyself
97. Seek to keep the 8 noble paths of buddism
98. Religiously tolerant, but knows to not get used.
99. Love flying spaghetti man.
100. …that one’s a secret. 😉